Gjethuset

The building of Gjethuset (from German Giessenhaus=foundry) in Frederiksværk was carried out between 1761 and 1769. Originally canons and cannon balls were produced here.

After many years where the building was practically in ruins, the Frederiksværk Municipality granted funds for a complete restoration in the 1980’s and a reconstruction as true to the original late Baroque was achieved.

The big house today is used for all kinds of exhibitions, art shows, industrial fairs and concerts. The thick stone walls give a rustic background for the bright colours of contemporary art and the acoustics are second to none.

Opening hours
01/07/2013 - 31/12/2013 HalsnæsTuesday - Friday10:00 - 16:00
01/07/2013 - 31/12/2013 HalsnæsSaturday10:00 - 13:00

Last updated by

Wonderful Copenhagen redaktion@woco.dk
 

Contact

Address

Gjethusgade 5
3300 Frederiksværk

Phone

+45 4777 0607

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

From

Transport

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 12.0221673
    Latitude : 55.9721624
  • Nearest station

    Frederiksværk