Erected in 1200 by the arch bishop of Lund and the Danish church Hammershus played an important part in the struggles and wars which found place in the middle ages in Europe.
After the reformation the castle was presented to the King.
It was deserted in 1745 and allowed to fall into decay.
Situated on cliff top near woods and lakes.
Last updated byBornholms Velkomstcenter firstname.lastname@example.org
- freely available
City / Area
- Saint Hannes Cross
- coach/truck parking
- dogs allowed
- convenience store
CoordinatesLongitude : 14.762031
Latitude : 55.271341