Get struck by Cupid’s arrow in Denmark and take your loved one on a romantic weekend break. You will be seduced by world-class gastronomy, charmed by our old cities and captivated by coastline sunsets. Whether you choose to bike, walk or drive, Denmark is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate.
Follow the marguerite for a self-drive holiday
Denmark - Did you know...
• Approximately 7,300 kilometres of coastal line and 40,000 kilometres of watercourse.
• Gudenaaen is the longest and only river in Denmark
• The migrating sand dune Råbjerg Mile on the west coast in Northern Jutland moves eastward at a rate of 15 kilometres a year
• Denmark has more than 10,000 kilometres of sign-posted cycle routes
• The scene of Shakespeare’s famous play Hamlet is set in the Danish castle of Kronborg in the town of Elsinore (Helsingør) in Royal North Sealand
• The city of Aarhus invites the visitors to Den Gamle By - The Old Town Museum, one of the world’s largest open air heritage museums
• In Northern Jutland there is a place called the End of the World
• Jelling is home to Europe's finest Viking-Age monuments: Denmark's two largest grave mounds and two runic stones
• Denmarks boasts more than 130 breweries (Oct 2013)
• The Danish Flag, also called "Dannebrog" is one of the oldest state flags in the world