Sædder Church is an extremely harmonious village church from c. 1200, typical of Sealand, surrounded with white washed walls.
On 12 March 1688 the Crown transferred the church to Otto Skeel of Vallø, and on 1 January 1910 it became a private property.
All basic elements of the Romanesque limestone building have been preserved.
The nave and the chancel with apse are the oldest parts and originally had a beamed ceiling.
The Late Gothic tower from the 15th century is constructed of bands of limestone ashlars and medieval bricks. The vestry and porch have been added later.
Last updated byVisitKøge firstname.lastname@example.org
- according to agreement
City / Area
- Sealand, Møn, Lolland-Falster
CoordinatesLongitude : 12.106569
Latitude : 55.392936