Vildtbane Hunting Stone
In 1775 Christian VII raised this pole in Tra-negilde to mark the boundary of his hunting grounds. The hunting horn in the town arms
of Ishøj Municipality refers to this Vildtbane.
As early as 1624 Christian IV had acquired 4 farms in Tranegilde, which he had laid out as hunting grounds or “vildtbane” as they were then called.
A hunt did not only require fields populated with deer but also that it should be possible for the hunters to see the deer. To get the deer out the hunters made use of people acting as clappers.
The 4 farms which took care of this task were paid in kind.
Today the area where this stone was raised is part of Ishøj Wild Life Park.
Last updated byIshøj Turistbureau email@example.com
CoordinatesLongitude : 12.330891166
Latitude : 55.626270947